PSI - Pectus Security Implant
In developing the PSI implant Hofer-medical has put special attention to a safe healing procedure after performed funnel chest correction.
The most important characteristics are:
- Just one integrated stabilizer bar
- Stabilizer bar and implant consist of one piece.
- The stabilizer bar is firmly connected to the implant.
- The stabilizer bar is directed only to one side.
- The stabilizer bar may also be readjusted if required, i.e. bent and adjusted to the shape of the thorax.
- Three perforations in the stabilizer plate allow better fixation.
- Adjustment of the implant is possible right up to the ends.
- For implantation of 2 implants these may also be placed just 1intercostal space apart without the stabilizers touching the adjacentimplant.
Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing
The HSN-esin technology is based on the worldwide known surgical technique
of Elastic - Stable - Intramedullary - Nailing - short ESIN.
Intramedullary nailing means that one or more nails are intramedullarily implanted in long bones to support the fracture from inside.
Die HSN-esin technology may be applied for the following group of persons:
Children and Youngsters
- Long bones: diaphyseal and certain epi- and metaphyseal fractures
- Fractures of the clavicle (please also not note the alternative treatment method for the collarbone on www.hcp-pin.com)
- Treatment of tumors
- Osteotomy (relative)
- Use for revision surgeries
- Certain diaphyseal fractures of small and mini fragments (hand, foot, clavicle)
Especially for long bone fractures of children the ESIN technology is used in addition to conservative treatment (such as a cast), as to a large extent bone growth is not influenced in this case.
General Advantages of the System:
- Minimal-invasive implantation as well as removal of implant
- Special tip design for a gentle insertion
- Flattened end for determination of position during surgery
- Elastic material properties
- New, angle stable closure cap called HSN-plug for axial support
- Insert and aiming device for minimal-invasive insertion of the HSN-plug
For further information our Team For further information our